Shut Them Up
No one wants to be alone so I dragged you for the ride
Told you what´s the best angle to pick my nose from
And extolled the virtues of Johnny Semora´s tight bum
I rambled about the importance of watching ants fight
Shared my 2000-word thesis about a gnat´s bite
It isn´t bad enough that today I stepped in horse shit
What fun would it be without someone else in the pit?
I struggled with questions and doubts all week long
So I recorded and posted a link to my woeful song
Pictures are plenty - "we're cool cuz we get drunk"
"Tissue up my nose" and "My favourite TV hunk"
Without a You Tube video my blog's just not complete
So I'll go out and film some dogs fighting in the street
There really isn't enough to do, that's why I go online
Finding out and showing off my celebrity look-alike
Where do I get the time? What a stupid question!
2 hours isn't barely enough for one blogging session!
If you search hard, maybe one positive post you'll find
But first you have to wallow through my wasted mind
I put it all out there cuz I want someone to read it
To swallow and imbibe my whole infectious zit
I know it's wrong for my poison to keep spreading
But I need you to lay in my vomit-filled bedding
Toxic and vile, still I beg you to drink of my cup
Until someone has the guts to tell me to just "Shut Up!"
I couldn't sleep so I surfed some blogs... It was appalling to see some of the stuff posted by Family members. There are a lot of blogs that are informative, positive or even just a way to keep in touch with friends... but there are also a lot of blogs that are a total waste of time - depressed moanings, stupid ramblings and just plain nothingness! I'm not pointing the finger at anyone. I'll be the first to admit that my blog is far from perfect... Still, there were only about 5-6 blogs that I stayed on for longer than a minute (most barely got 30 seconds).
Forgive me if the wording is harsh. It's written in the same style of My Rebellion, which was also a one-take

20 Comments:
Did you write the poem??
NICE!!
--And convicting.
Wrote it at 2am. It's not so great, but like I mentioned, it was a one-take.
Awesome, Anj!
i hope my old blog wasn't the one you were talking about... i know it was a bit on the negative side. :D
You GO, girl!
I loved it...& I know exactly what you mean....funny enough the only blogs I actually go on, are the ones I've linked to on my own page...besides maybe about 5 or so others of personal friends of mine...
I was also disappointed in some of these other blogs when I surfed, & I took it as a prick to keep mine up to date & inspiring....I hope you weren't talking about my blog, heh, heh!
Good for you! Keep it up! I started rapping the poem....it works well...gimme another one to do, I'll rap it for you next time I see you..... :)
Joy, I wasn't talking about any blog in particular. It was more the feeling I was left with after surfing a number of different ones. So don't worry... and hey, it's never too late to change for the better ;-)
Eh, Sssebo! I'll be what... I'll be waiting (for the rap song) :P Love you!
Way to go girl.
I was getting all guilty about my blog .. me posting junk and all.
I'll be going to Africa soon .. so i hope i shall have more uplifting things to blog about about.
Indeed, you should check out my new one.
For some reason I can't link anybody on tho.. :(
Brian, I'll send you another one for you to rap to. I haven't finished it yet, but when I do, you'll be the first to get it! :x
YOU ARE POINTING THE FINGER! A BIG NO-NO IF YOU TAKE THE BIBLE SERIOUSLY..OR MAYBE YOU GOT SPECIAL DISPENSATION TO FINGER POINT?..IM ALL EARS MY DEAR!
Dear Anonymous in the UK or Taiwan... the first two things that come to mind when I read your comment are:
1. You, too, are pointing the finger.
2. It's the hit dog that howls.
The Bible also bids us to be our brother's keeper... something we should all be doing if we take the Bible seriously.
If it causes you such distress, I will rephrase my post here and say, "If the shoe fits, wear it! If it doesn't, don't complain!"
I use wisdom when/if i have to point the finger!,other peoples blogs are im sure'a work of art to them'.
Theres only so much you can do if you have a very short period of time on the net.
Im in the uk,not a family member either...yet!.
But this i do know,unity will keep us together.
And in a house thats devided...it will surely fall,let us be known...by our words.
God bless,your very pretty!our loss...icelands gain.
One thing all the family blogs could do,is share the gospel a bit more..this is the world wide net,and no doubt many christians read your blogs,a perfect oppertunity to witness in cyber space!.
non-christians
A blog is your reflection to the world. I agree that Family members should be posting a lot more uplifting things on their blog (such as sharing the Gospel, etc)... that's what my post was about.
I'm glad that we both agree on that point.
I'm praying you find a home and team to join.
PS: The blog that I use for "witnessing purposes" is currently being re-designer. I had to shut it down before, due to faulty coding. When it's up and running, I'll be sure to let you know.
"I'm praying you find a home and team to join."...I think i have(ptl).
I as a christian of 9 years,I love to hear how others came to know the lord,its great inspiration and strenght for me.
As im sure it would be for non christians.When the pastor shares more about himself,and less about the bible,you know your on a hiding to nothing!!.
I have a blog too whacky,but being a bit of a backsliding christian,ive not really shared that much about my recent walk with the lord,thats changing though,reading some of the family blogs gives me great inspiration.(including yours).
Whilst the family are good at witnessing on the street,the net should also be seen as a street(a cyber street).
ILL be corny here,and say,please pass the last thoughts on to your leaders!...lol
God knows your heart whacky,i wish you well up there in iceland,brrrrrr!
And i look forward to reading your other blog.ps Being someone who was brought up in a fishing community,any chance of a few pics of icelandic fishing boats?...lol a strange request.
God bless a brother in christ.
Well done, Anj!
Don't ever give in....ppl will use a certain clause in the Word to say that Christians should be these passifists (however you spell that)who let ppl walk all over them (no offense to 'anonymous' up there...but you remain nameless, so there really can be no offense taken, right?)
Jesus drove the money-changers out of the temple, he socked it to the Scribes and Pharisees when they were so stuck up and SR....he also cursed that fig tree that time when it wasn't bearing fruit...my point being, he let it rip every now & then in righteouss anger (not violence, but a good display of displeasure & God's mind on the matter)....I wanna be just like Jesus.....
I havent read your blog in a while but this post really hit the nail on the head. So true, and very convicting. God bless you Anj for sharing that. Love you tons
heh, good point .. there is alot which to the family standard is considered .. inappropriate.. but there are some really really awesome ones too.. so lets uh.. 'whatsoever is good' etc etc.. oh that was a good point about the witnessing.. hardly ever see a fam blog that is actually witnessing..
..yay its my birthday...
oh.. in the interest of good blogging.. i recommend:
marie: http://rubber-maid.blogspot.com/
and lisa:
http://isleephere.blogspot.com/
cheers.
the.cog
Happy Birthday, Mesh!
Post a Comment
<< Home