My Rebellion
I will stand up and be counted for the things of true worth. I won't succumb to the pressures of society. When all the world is full of lies, I will shout the truth from the rooftops. This is my rebellion! You say to go with the crowd - everyone is doing it... But I will be uncool as long as it means I'm holding to my convictions. This is my rebellion! I will love my neighbour when all the rest are hating and stealing. This is my rebellion!
You have worldly things that you say I need to be happy. I'll take my spiritual freedom, I don't need nothing else. This is my rebellion! It's easy to be open-minded, saying "Anything goes", but I believe in absolutes - right and wrong. This is my rebellion! I don't just believe in peace and love -- I live it! This is my rebellion!
Sitting on the tube, no one smiles... everyone's in their own world. But I will sing aloud my happy tune and smile till my cheeks hurt. This is my rebellion! When the world has stopped showing affection, I will hug you. My embrace says, "I care." This is my rebellion! I tell you I love you even though these things are no longer said. This is my rebellion!
Mine is a rebellion for Jesus. It's based on love and brings the only kind of freedom that is ever worth it - spiritual freedom! This is my rebellion! - Will you join me?

5 Comments:
i'm with you all the way,you know that.for as long as i can
woah! sorry for not having written anything before, but i must say that i love this... it's very very well written, you should keep writing more of these, and send them to the Family to be publicated in the XN.
oh, but anyway, i also wanted to ask you for permission to post it on my blog (with your name at the bottom of course, as the author)
and please, keep writing of these, they are great!
LY! hope to chat with you soon, my exams end on wednesday
you're welcome to publish it on your blog. Please just use Anji as the name of the author and you can include a link to my site for the General Public: www.myrebellion.blogspot.com
how come that i didn't know that you had another blog??... hmmm, interesting, you learn a new thing everyday!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home