Masquerade
With mask held high
The crowd loves you
Hear their laughter!
They dance with you
Enjoying the charade
But just remember
When the dance is over
When the ball has ended
And the last note is played
It's time to undress
Remove the mask once again
Cuz sometimes when the crowd is gone
I feel love in a touch that slightly lingers
I hear an echo of deepest concern
In the voice that whispers softly to me
And every once in a while I see a hint
Of the man hidden behind the mask
So why the masquerade?
Why this endless charade?
Let me see the real person
That man deep down inside
He's finer, truer by far
Than the man you parade to be
Charm them all
Stay uncommitted
Walk the middle road
Whistle a gay tune
Say it doesn't matter
You are in control
But just remember
When the dance is over
When the ball has ended
And the last note is played
It's time to undress
Remove the mask once again
Cuz sometimes when we're all alone
I see beauty when I look in your eyes
I hear an echo of richest refrains
In the music you choose to play
And every once in a while I see a hint
Of the man hidden behind the mask

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home