Can I...
Not try to paint you a picture
Not try to mask any hidden tears
Can I cry... just cry
Not explain why I'm crying
Not tell you which part of me is broken
Can I trust... just trust
Not fear that you'll lie to me
Not always be watching my back
Can I love... just love
Not worry that you'll let me down
Not ache for you to love me in return
Would you hold me... just hold me
Not urge me to stand up
Not smother me in your embrace
Would you kiss me... just kiss me
Not because you think it's what I need
Not so you can feel better about yourself
But because I matter
Because I actually mean something to you
Because you genuinely do love me in some small way
There's nothing cryptic here. Don't try to figure out who it's written for. Just remember the heart you once knew and know that this is from the same heart.

5 Comments:
I like it! Well written, yet simple.
This comment has been removed by the author.
oh i like it, very real
tx :-)
I like it Anj..but it brings too many of my own thoughts in...I think we're just too much like eachother in some ways haha! I love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home