Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jump!

We were grounded - you and I
Held to this time and space
You always wanted to fly
Said you believed you could
I thought it was crazy
'This is what we know'
So you let go of my hand
Turned and smiled
-- And then you jumped

What freedom! What Joy!
Sheer bliss as you descended!
Enraptured in that forever free-fall

I watched you jump
- too scared to move
I wondered if it was real
Wanting it to be true
It was hard without you
As I stood there all alone
So lonely in that time and space
I reached out for you
-- Only it meant I had to jump

What freedom! What joy!
Such a thrill as I made my jump!
Enraptured in that forever free-fall

You´re miles ahead of me
Spinning, diving and flying
I want to catch up with you
To laugh with you as we descend

Someday I will!
Then watch as I hold your hand
-- And this time we´ll jump together

So jump!
Jump for the freedom!
Jump for the joy!
Feel the sheer bliss as you descend
Enraptured in a forever free-fall

Jump! - just because you can
Because it´s the closest thing to flying

Written 9th August, 2007

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabe Rucker said...

Cool!!!...I want to jump!

18 August 2007 at 03:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home