To the Friend I Talked to Last Night...
You showed an interest even when I seemed distant
You cared when no one else was bothered
Your pain touched a chord inside me and so this is for you:
I wish I could hug you and erase your ache and fears
I wish I could hold your heart ever so gently so you'll know that not all the world is cruel
I wish I could show you that being vulnerable doesn't mean you have to hurt
I want to talk to you for hours, to promise that silence will never again answer your heartcries
I want to make you laugh so you'll never feel the heat of tears
I want to help you remember the happy memories of your past
I want you to feel the comfort and joy in knowing that someone cares for you
I may seem calloused at times but there's a heart beneath it all
A heart that went out to you tonight and prayed you'd feel loved again
I can't do all the things I would like to do
For so many reasons it's hard to count
So I leave you in the hands of our Lover
He'll care for you better than any human ever could
His love will wash over you and help you understand
The Master plan behind the muddle of your tapestry
Somehow I need you as a friend right now
A fellow cynic with whom I can share my ideals
So even if things get rough and the breaking grinds ever so fine
Please know that I'm here for you and will uphold you in prayer
You make me smile when you call me stupid names
I hope one day you'll smile to think I've helped you in some small way
With love

2 Comments:
Thank you for showing you cared.
your a sweet heart!!
Post a Comment
<< Home