What Do You See
When you look into my eyes?
What secrets are uncovered
When you look into my soul?
Do you see joy and laughter
From memories of family and friends?
Or do you experience my loss
Of dearest friends who've moved on?
Are my secret fears exposed -
Those that I have so carefully hidden?
Or do I have it all together -
"Nothing could e'er rock her boat"
Do you feel the heat of the fire
The pain of melting and reshaping?
Or is there beauty unspeakable
Springing from untarnished love?
Do you see the innocence
The little child in me that still plays?
Or is that all covered
Buried 'neath time, tests and age?
So much is masked
By the face I wear each day
But when you look deeper
Through the windows of my soul...
Tell me, what is it that you see?

1 Comments:
......what no one else really does.I see your heart
Post a Comment
<< Home