Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Rooms Full of Memories...

So you're gone and I'm left with memories as my companions...
Did it hurt that you spent your last night here with someone else in your arms? No. But it hurt to see my gifts to you left on the shelf. Did it phase me that I had to sleep next door to both of you? No. But it killed to find my letters to you in the garbage the next day. Did I spend an agonizingly long night thinking about you leaving? No. But it tore me apart to see that you had banished every trace of me from your life.
I conquered my fears. I rose to the challenge before me. But I didn't see this around the corner.
I promised myself I'd part on friendly terms, but you said you didn't care. I told you it mattered to me, you simply shrugged.

in the distant past I have vague memories of a time when it meant something to you... but I guess that was long ago... And I'm still standing in the rain, waiting for somebody to come take me home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry dear girl, love hurts when it leaves doesn't it..But I know you are strong..

26 April 2006 at 17:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

touching and heartbreaking.
I know from experience that the heart heals, often it takes just a second to fall in love again...
and the lord sends somebody for you when you are least expecting it

16 May 2006 at 12:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

23 July 2006 at 14:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home